Current date/time is Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 pm
Forum Terms of serviceThe moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and consequently, they cannot be held responsible of the discussions.
- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited.
- Messages who promote - or evoke - illegal practices are prohibited.
- If you post informations which come from another site
, look first if the site in question doesn't forbid it. Show the address of the site in question in order to respect the work of their administrators!
- Please post your messages only once. The repetitions are unpleasant and useless!
- Please make an effort on grammar and spelling. SMS-style language (ex: r u sk8ing?) is not advised!
Any message contravening the listing above will be edited or removed without additional notice or justification within deadlines which will depend on the availability of the moderators. Any abuse will involve the cancellation of the registration. Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right! We reserve ourselves the possibility of informing your access provider and/or the legal authorities of any malevolent behavior. An IP address of each poster is recorded in order to help us to make you respect these conditions.
By clicking on " I agree to these terms " below:
- You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
- You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
- You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.
By using this Forum, you agree to all our rules as explained below. It is your responsibility to read and comprehend these rules before using this Forum. Please PM the administrator ("Admin") or a BCK Moderator if you have any questions. These rules may change from time to time. Any modifications will be announced here.
1) ONE ACCOUNT ONLY: You are allowed one account. If you register more than one account, both accounts will be removed and your IP address banned.
2) USERNAMES: The Username you choose when you register must include some form of your REAL first name. For example, Joe Smith can register as “SmokinJoe” or “JoeBoo” or “Joey123”. Joe Smith may not have a username of “Bubba” or “Killer” as it does not include his real first name.
3) PROFILES (avatar, signature, social media links, etc): You are given the ability to edit your profile by clicking on the “Profile” tab. There you will find additional tabs to setup your preferences, favorites, friends tab, and so on. All material you present for public viewing must be kept clean. No nudity, profanity, links to objectionable websites or material not suitable for an all-ages audience. When providing links to social media or your ebay listings or websites, only list working accounts that belong to you personally. Do not use your signature to defame anyone, inflame passions, or direct members to competing sites.
4) EMAIL: Never post your email address on the forum or in your signature. Communication between members should be via the forum or the Messaging System (PM). Anyone trying to collect email addresses for resale, self-promotion, solicitation or bulk email purposes will be permanently banned. DO NOT give your email address to anyone.
5) INTRODUCE YOURSELF: After registering, you should introduce yourself to the community in the “Meet & Greet” section. After doing so, you will be given the rank of “New Member” along with your first star. There are many ranks you can achieve based on how active you are on the Forum. A sample of member ranks is as follows:
a. New Member – achieved after registering and introducing yourself.
b. Member – achieved after 10 posts.
c. Full Member – achieved after 100 posts.
d. Advanced Member – achieved after 1000 posts.
e. Expert – achieved after 2500 posts.
f. VIP – achieved after 5000 posts.
6) “PRIVATE” IS RELATIVE: While other members cannot see your PMs, the Admin and Moderators can. As the same guidelines for conduct that apply to the Forum also apply to the messaging system, in the event another member reports an abuse, we will review messages to determine our course of action. So be respectful of each other and mind the rules. Do not use the Private Message feature of this forum to solicit other members. If you receive a solicitation from another member, please PM the Admin immediately.
7) RESPECT: As the saying goes, treat others as you’d like to be treated. Any foul, abusive, threatening, or inappropriate posts or PMs with other members, moderators, or BCK staff may result in action against your account. Such action may include an official warning, the loss of points and/or rank, temporary suspension, or permanent ban. Similarly, using symbols to represent letters in an attempt to work around our foul word filter (i.e. dumba$$) or using abbreviations for foul words (i.e. fu, pos) – while sometime clever and humorous – should also be avoided.
8.) NO REDIRECTING: You may not post on the forum or Private Message members to inform, urge, or try to convince them to visit another forum, website, blog, ecommerce site, or any redirect link whether it’s a competitor of The Baseball Card King or not.
9) NO SOLICITATION: You may not post affiliate links or ask members to donate to a specific organization or cause (unless prior approval from the Admin). You may not run raffles or contests. You MAY do a no-strings-attached giveaway of an item you personally own and have in your possession, but must contact the Admin with details, and receive approval, BEFORE posting.
10) OWN YOUR POSTS: You may not post for another person or member. For example, “Bill wanted me to tell you that he has the card you wanted.” This is not allowed for many reasons, not least of which “Bill” may be a suspended or banned member that lost his privilege of interacting on this forum. Suspended/banned users may not circumvent the consequences of their actions by speaking through a third party. Plus, if “Bill” has something to say and is allowed to be on the forum, then he needs to find a way to get on here and speak for himself in order to benefit from the community.
11) OWN YOUR POSTS #2: You are responsible for your own words and actions… in life, and on this forum. If you post something slanderous, libelous, threatening or illegal, the consequences – whatever they may be – are yours and yours alone. While we may remove such posts quickly, ALL posts are archived. If legally petitioned, we’re obligated to provide authorities with the requested information. Choose your words wisely.
12) ROLE OF ADMIN & MODERATORS: We are not here to interfere with vibrant, relevant and intelligent discussions. We are, however, here to help maintain an environment that fosters the free exchange of ideas. In doing so, we will as necessary delete or edit posts and/or topics as we see fit. In most cases an explanation will be provided, but not always. Our decisions are final. If you find a post that violates any of the rules, or is plainly objectionable, or if you’re being harassed or threatened, PM the Admin or a moderator immediately.
13) NO GAMBLING: You may not sell or offer to sell squares. You may not take bets on any sporting events. If it’s illegal ‘out there’, it’s not allowed ‘in here’.
14) POSTING A NEW TOPIC: When posting a new topic, be sure to choose the appropriate forum. For example, if you want to talk about your Fantasy Football league, do not post in “Just Sayin’: Football”, but instead in “Resources: Fantasy Leagues”. All Buy/Sell/Trade trade posts should be in that category and under the proper sport, and so on. Do not duplicate posts or topics. Use the search feature to see if someone is already talking about your topic. Also, topic titles should be relevant and descriptive. For example, “2014 Bowman Draft redemptions” and not “Does anyone know?” If we find your titles too vague, we may edit. If it becomes common, we may limit your posting privileges.
15) POSTING GUIDELINES: NO TROLLING (starting arguments or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages with the deliberate intent of provoking an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion). NO FLAMING (hostile and insulting interaction). NO SPAMMING (excessive multiple posting that is repetitive and/or substantially similar to other posts, or creating messages that are advertisements). NO THREAD BOMBING (jumping in a discussion with the intent to derail the topic). NO THREAD BUMPING (posting in your own topic in order to move the topic to the top of the list) except where you are updating information in your topic.
16) MARKETPLACE: Any Want lists, Sell lists, or Trade offers must be posted in the “Marketplace” category within its correct sport. You may NOT offer to sell or trade any supplies or wax. There are additional rules you must follow when posting in the Marketplace. Be sure to read them.
17) You may NOT discuss or plug our competitors under any topic on this forum.
NOTICE: You must supply an email address in order to register. We will not reveal, sell, or in any way distribute your personal information to any person or company at any time. We will not add your email address to our general mailing list. If you wish to join our general mailing list, you may do so by going to our main website (thebaseballcardking.com) and sign up there. We MAY send you an occasional email to inform you of any change in Forum Rules, or to announce a special promotion for Forum members only.
By using the Buy/Trade Sell MARKETPLACE Forum, you agree to all our rules as explained below. These rules are IN ADDITION TO the general Forum TOS above. It is your responsibility to read and comprehend these rules before using this Forum. Please PM the administrator ("Admin") or a moderator if you have any questions. These rules may change from time to time. Any modifications will be announced here.
1) The Baseball Card King, Inc. is not responsible for any transactions that are arranged on this forum or through any third-party advertisement herein. Use of the Marketplace is solely at your own risk. Be cautious with online transactions at all times. Contact the Admin or a moderator with any suspicious activity.
2) Until you’ve established yourself on this forum as a responsible trader, you may be asked to provide a reference (i.e. your eBay user ID in order to view your feedback). Similarly, feel out your potential trading partner by asking them questions through the PM system. Don’t ask or reveal personal information on the public forum.
3) You are NOT ALLOWED to offer for sale or trade anything that is not in your physical possession at the time of the original offer.
4) NO sales/trades of “mystery lots” or grab bags.
5) You may NOT offer to sell or trade any supplies or wax (includes cases, boxes and packs of any configuration) even if we are not offering it on our site or in our stores.
6) NO selling of case or box break spots/teams.
7) MEMBER FEEDBACK: There is an entire forum under Marketplace called “Member Feedback”. You are encouraged to provide feedback – positive or negative – regarding your experience with another member. When providing feedback, use the member’s Username in the TOPIC TITLE, and state only the facts. This helps when others search for feedback on another member. Try to work out any problems with the other member via PM, but still give the community an honest report. For example, “JoeBoo received my payment 7/10/14, sent the card out the same day. Card was packed well and exactly as he described. I LOVE JOEBOO!” Or, if a negative experience, “JoeBoo received my payment 7/10/14, took 8 days to finally send card. Received the card damaged, and he didn’t insure it. BOOO JoeBoo!”
8.) MEMBER FEEDBACK #2: If you want to see what others have said about a potential trading partner before you start a B/S/T, use the search box and type in the username. Results should yield you a list of topics to read about that particular user (if they’ve received any feedback).
9) NO raffles or auctions in the forum. If you want to run an auction, use eBay.
10) Be as descriptive as possible in your listings, and provide clear photos. If you’re selling something, state the price you want. If you’re looking to buy something and you want it for a better price, ask. Though not required, we highly recommend you negotiate in the open forum and not by PM. This helps the community learn more about the buyers and sellers on this board. It also provides for a transparent transaction where any disputes can be resolved by reading back on that particular thread.
11) USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT for your titles in the Marketplace section:
SELL: insert descriptive title of your item here
BUY: insert descriptive title of what you want to buy here
TRADE: insert short title of what you have or want to have in return
CLOSED: After your item has sold or otherwise been resolved through trade, edit your original
topic title to add the word CLOSED at the very beginning of the title line.
Moderators will help title formatting in the beginning until everyone catches on. View previous threads as a model.
12) If you have multiple items to sell or trade, or you’re looking to buy a slew of different things, do NOT post separate topics for each item. Put them in a list with a title something like “SELL: 200+ vintage stars 1969-1971”, or “TRADE: 27 different Blackhawks auto’d 8x10s, need more Sox autos”, or similar.
13) You may not post the same item or list of items in more than one forum category. If you have three baseball cards and two football cards, you should list the baseball cards as its own topic under “Marketplace: Baseball”, and a separate listing for the football cards under “Marketplace: Football”. If someone wants to buy your football cards, you may mention in your response that you have another listing in Baseball should they want to combine items into one shipment. But do not take a big list of multiple items from multiple sports and list all of them together under each sport.
14) Always use delivery confirmation or some form of live tracking. For items valued over $200, we recommend you require a signature upon delivery.
15) You may NOT discuss or plug our competitors under any topic on this forum.
16) Out of courtesy to the community, be diligent in responding to questions under the topics you create. Even if someone makes you an offer you don’t want to accept, just say so. You never know when that person may be an excellent trading partner in the future if you’re respectful and courteous now.
Final comment regarding transactions: We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for any illegal or fraudulent activity. We expect all transactions to go smoothly. We expect all our members maintain a high level of honesty and integrity. In the event something goes wrong, you may alert the community through the “Member Feedback” forum. You should also alert the Admin or a moderator to the problem. While forum members can be very good at policing themselves, we do reserve the right to permanently ban any member we believe may be acting disingenuous.